This cathedral is dated in 1930. It is the first catholic church here in Tamatave, which is erected at this place in 1876 but it was also among of the victims during the passage of very highgraded category of cyclone in 1927. But was replaced this actual cathedral, and it’s inaugurated in 1932. After the His Grace Henri Solages’s death at Andevoranto, is the place where we can find the first catholic church here in Madagascar. There also is the bishop’s siege, the leader of bishop’s palace which is built in 1955. As we see in the picture there are two schools either its sides: The first is Saint Joseph girls school, was made in 1862 but it was still woody at that time, it’s renewed in 1911 and it getting bigger in 1950. The second one is the Saint Joseph boys school, it is just placed to another side of the church in 1869
Leave a comment
No comments yet.